Drug-induced transcriptome provides rich information on drug mode-of-action (MoA), which reflects genome-wide perturbation on gene expression by drug treatment for both on targets as well as unknown off-targets. Its utility has been demonstrated by identification of drug repositioning (DR) candidates based on Connectivity Map (CMAP, Science 2006), and the subsequently expanded L1000 dataset of LINCS (Cell 2017).
KMAP is an integrated platform for analyzing drug-induced transcriptome data, which allows comprehensive MoA analyses, and identification of novel indications for a given drug (even failed ones due to insufficient efficacy). Our approach has been successfully applied to discover multiple DR candidates in multiple disease models for brain cancer (PLoS One2006), metastasis (bioRxiv 2019), drug resistance (Mol. Cancer 2018), and other non-cancer models.
We perform large-scale mining for millions of drug screening or bioassay dataset. As an analogy to drug repositioning (i.e. use existing drug to novel indications), our technology is built on the novel idea of Assay Repositioning, (i.e. use bioassay data for virtual screening for targets other than their original purposes). KaiPharm developed a series of virtual screening technologies (BEAR – Bioactive compound Enrichment by Assay Repositioning, and the related algorithms), and is extending application area to the identification of underlying targets for phenotypic screening (Cheminformatics 2019), and interpretation of drug MoA.
· CEO of KaiPharm Co. Ltd.
· Associate Professor in the Dep. of Life Science, Ewha W. Univ.
· Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at Univ. of Cambridge
· B.S./M.S. at Seoul National Univ.
· Director of Research and Development (R&D)
· Ph.D. in Molecular Cell Biology at Yonsei Univ.
· Director of Business Development
· Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at Ewha W. Univ.
· Professor, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National Univ.
· Associate professor, College of Medicine, Seoul National Univ.
· Attorney, Chief Lawyer of Intellicon Inc.
· CEO of GPCR Therapeutics Inc.
· Professor in the Dep. of Biotechnology, Yonsei Univ.
|2021 상반기 정규직 채용공고||21.01.13|
|2020 하반기 정규직 채용 공고||20.07.01|
|제2기 정기주주총회 소집공고||20.03.25|
Room 105, 150, Bugahyeon-ro, Seodaemun-gu
03759 SEOUL, Republic of KOREA
서울특별시 서대문구 북아현로 150 (이화여자대학교산학협력관)
R5.32, 16, Daewangpangyo-ro 712beon-gil, Bundang-gu
13488 Gyeonggi-do, Republic of KOREA
경기도 성남시 분당구 대왕판교로 712번길 16 (한국파스퇴르연구소), R5.32, 13488